Saturday, July 5, 2008

Celebrating our independence in Illinois?

Why would this Wisconsin boy drive through three automobile tolls and head into the "Land of Lincoln?" The answer is Josh Kelley. He's a singer/songwriter from Georgia with hits such as Amazing and Almost Honest. He's one of those musicains that keeps putting out great album after great album dispite a lack of radio stations playing his music. The closest his tour came to Wisconsin was Crystal Lake, IL. On July 4th I gathered up $7.40 in change (for tolls) and drove to the Crystal Lake Gala Festival. For $5 I got to witness another community's way to celebrate the 4th and see Josh Kelley perform. I got there early to take pictures of the festival-goers. When Josh started playing my full attention was on enjoying the concert and, of course, taking photos.




I kept the photo above in it's highest resolution so you can click on it and check out the expression on the rider's faces. They are priceless.

1 comment:

LJR said...

these are great pics. Love the one of the people on the pirate ship..my other favorite is the ring toss.