Monday, July 14, 2008

To the Point

Recently, I made the 110 mile trek back to my home town of Stevens Point. The city of wonderful water. Hey, I'm not making that up, it's true. Anyways, I was in town to see some family and friends all during different parts of the day. I started off the day with a bike ride with the Heartland Bike Club. My friend John has been a long time member and biking with him is a great time to catch up on each other's lives. This photo was taken by my Mom (MAP).



After our ride, lunch and a smoothie from Emy J's, I visited with my Mom. Nothing planned...just sitting out in the backyard talking. Here's a shot from the "Lens of MAP" of some flowers in her backyard .

I waited and waited to get this shot...check out the drop of water just about to hit the ground.

I also took some time to explore Point this time seeing it through my camera lens. This is my favorite photo I took of a mural down on the "square."

Here's one from a famous Stevens Point landmark, the Stevens Point Brewery.

Here's one of my old high school...


Then to top off my evening I had a nice dinner and visit with my friend Luke. He was speaking at the National Wellness Conference. He and I rapped about his latest video project and photography.

I'm glad I got to the Point!

No comments: